Designed and painted by Barry and Melinda Taylor-Fields
The pattern was picked out of "Quilter's Album of Blocks and Borders", originally published in "Practical Needlework", a 1910 nine patch design.
The barn, built in 1987, replaces the original barn destroyed by a tornado that had been located there since before the turn of the century. The property was purchased in 1950. The Taylor farm has been in the family for over one hundred years.