The Van Brocklin Genealogy, written by Walter Van Brocklin, is available in Microsoft Word format. I make no claims as to the accuracy of the conversion from the very battered copies I had to work with. I have tried to state information more clearly in a few places, and tried to make the format more reader friendly. The only thing not completed is to correct the page numbers referenced within the genealogy. They have changed in the conversion process, and I haven't had the ambition to fix them.
I went through this process to make it easier for everyone interested in having this information. It will now be much easier than going and making copies for people that want this information. It is also searchable, instead of going through it page by page trying to find a name. I am sure there are errors, and I would appreciate it if you passed them along to me so I can keep an accurate original. You may notice many inconsistencies in the spelling of words, but these exist in the original work.
Email me if you would like a copy of it or click here to download it. I hope it helps you in your research.
This section is for listing your email address so you can share your VB information. Email me if you would like to be listed here.
Name Line Branch Contact John Van Brocklin Alexander and Sarah (Cady) VB Garrett and Anna (Mercer) VB Bob Cain Alexander and Sarah (Cady) VB Garrett and Anna (Mercer) VB Wayne Van Brocklin Alexander and Sarah (Cady) VB Garrett and Anna (Mercer) VB James Alan Brocklin Alexander and Sarah (Cady) VB Garrett and Anna (Mercer) VB Dawn Prievo Alexander and Sarah (Cady) VB Charles Cady and Hannah (Wickham) VB Connie J. Knott Alexander and Sarah (Cady) VB Charles Cady and Hannah (Wickham) VB Carol Sorensen Alexander and Sarah (Cady) VB Charles Cady and Hannah (Wickham) VB Jane S. Everest Alexander and Sarah (Cady) VB Charles Cady and Hannah (Wickham) VB Jan Murphy Hole Alexander and Sarah (Cady) VB Philip Cady and Phebe Mahala (Johnson) VB Dottie Culbreath Alexander and Sarah (Cady) VB Bela F. VB Leeta M. Inman Alexander and Sarah (Cady) VB Josiah Perry and Harriet E. (Cook) VB Dan Buckley Alexander and Sarah (Cady) VB Alexander and Hannah (Steinhoff) VB Lee Van Brocklin John and Magdalena (Storring) VB Benjamin and Maria (Storring) VB Philip Van Brocklin Jacob and Elizabeth (Dunham) VB Henry Cleveland and Anna (Clarke) VB Gary and Lisa Van Brocklin Gilbert and Nancy (Van Brocklin) VB Giles and Matilda (Garrison) VB Carol Gifford Gilbert and Nancy (Van Brocklin) VB Giles and Matilda (Garrison) VB Karen Hammer Alexander and Barbara (Crotchenburg) VB Conrad and Harriet (Searle) VB Janice Sedwick Alexander and Barbara (Crotchenburg) VB Conrad and Harriet (Searle) VB Wade Van Brocklin Alexander and Barbara (Crotchenburg) VB Nicholas A. and Polly (Sheley) VB Lisa Kit Matulich Nicholas and Nancy (Schell) VB Alexander and Elizabeth (Casler) VB
Many Van Brocklins are eligible for membership in the Sons and Daughters of the American Revolution organizations. Contact Carol Sorensen if you are interested in pursuing membership in these organizations.
- Sons of the American Revolution
- Daughters of the American Revolution
This area is for Van Brocklin related queries. Email me if you have a query that you would like listed here or an answer to one of the following queries.
- Trying to identify the father of a Silas Van Brocklin. Silas was the father of Charles Wesley William Van Brocklin. Charles was born in 1903. Answer: Giles VB (#241 in Walter's genealogy) who married Matilda Garrison.
- Trying to identify the ancestors of a Laura Van Brocklin. She was born circa 1837 in Canada West. She married John Stevens in Clinton County, IA and had three children. One daughter was Elizabeth (Lizzie) Stevens born in 1857 at Clinton, IA.
- Trying to find date and place of death for Jacob Van Brocklin. Believe he died between 1835 and 1843. He was born in 1779 and married Elizabeth Dunham. He is listed in the 1810 and 1820 censuses for Cherry Valley, NY and the 1830 census for Madison County, NY. He was living in Lenox, Madison County, NY in 1835. Elizabeth remarried in 1843.
I created a web-based Van Brocklin family genealogy based on the research done by Walter Van Brocklin. Most of the information was published in the Van Brocklin family association newsletters. I have attempted to reproduce the genealogy as contained in the newletters with additional information that I have collected.
I have tried to cut off the genealogy around the early 1900s to protect the privacy of those now living. If anyone finds information in this genealogy that they do not want made public, please let me know and I will remove it.
Please email me if you would like information on a particular person or line. I would also appreciate any comments and additional information or corrections to what I have provided here. I hope that this information is useful and interesting. The starting point of the genealogy is Gysbert Gerritse Van Brakel (4). All known VBs descend from Gysbert and his wife Reyntie Stephense. Click here to go to the genealogy.
The following photos were submitted by Jane Everest. These may have been taken at Freeport, IL around 1962. They were not taken at the same time, however, some of the same people are in both photos. There were no names with the photos. Any help identifying the people in the photos would be appreciated.
Picture 1 Left Picture 1 Right Picture 2 Left Picture 2 Right
Picture 1 was taken at the Van Brocklin Reunion on 3 September 1961 at Krape Park, Freeport, IL. Click here for a list of names. The numbers on the left correspond with the numbers on the photos.
- Herkimer/Montgomery Counties Personal and Family Sites
- Early New Netherland Settlers
- Norfolk County (Ontario, Canada) Genealogy
- Norfolk County (Ontario, Canada) Historical Society
- Old New York Area Church Records
- The Olive Tree Genealogy Homepage
- The USGenWeb Project - Home Page
- RootsWeb Genealogical Data Cooperative
- Vital Records at the Schenectady County Historical Society
- International Internet Genealogical Society
- Bureau of Land Management - Eastern States Home
- Ontario Genealogical Society Home Page
- Library of Congress Home Page
- Census Project Home Page
- inGeneas Canadian Genealogical Research Services
- Family Chronicle Magazine
- Obituary Daily Times (GEN-OBIT) Search
- Home of Win-Family and MyLife
- Lineages, Inc. - A Genealogy and Family History Site
- Cemetery Interment Lists on the Internet
- Obituary Coding
- Family Search Internet Genealogy Service
- Ancestry.com - Online Genealogy
- Family Tree Maker
- Tryon County Militia Project
- Tryon County Militia - 3rd Regiment