Chapter 11 practice test.
1) Plot each point in polar coordinates. Then name two
other points one a positive value for r and one a negative value for r.
2) Change the following rectangular coordinates to polar
0 is in degrees.
3) Change the following rectangular point to polar form where
0 is in radians.
4) Change the following polar points to rectangular coordinates.
a) (7, 240o)
5) Using your graphing calculator reproduce the following
b) ( 3, 142o)
a) r = -5sin
6) Express 3 + 2i in polar form.
b) r = 4 cos
c) r = 3 - 2 cos
d) r = 2 + 3 sin
e) r = 3cos 3
f) r = 5 sin 4
g) r = 2
7) Express 5 cis 320o in rectangular form.
8) If z1 = 3 + 5i and z2 = 5 + 6i
find the product:
a) in cis form
9) Give the polar form for ( 3 cis 60o)2
b) change to rectangular form
c) draw an argand diagram for z1, z2,
10) let z = 1 + i.
11) Find the 3 cubed roots of 1. That's right. One has 3
cubed roots. Amazing.
Answers and how they are worked out will be
posted in a couple of days. This test is a little longer than the actual
one, but is representative of an actual test. Questions have been changed
to protect the innocent. I seem to remember that phrase from some old tv
show. Trivia question. Which show?
Hope this test will be helpful in preparing
you for your opportunity. Next postings will be for chapter 13. Arithmetic
and Geometric Sequences.
Let me see the answers, I have worked on these
guys forever: hit ---> Answers
Man, I need some more help before I check them, send
me back to study ----> Need