1) Simplify each:
a) 4 . 2-4
b) (4 . 2)-4
c) (a-1 + b-1)-2
2) Simplify each:
3) Solve the equation: 93x
= 81x + 1
4) The half life of a radioactive isotope
is 7 days. If 5.6 kg are present now, how much will be present in
t days? In 13 days?
5) A bacteria colony triples every 6 days.
The population currently is 5000 bacteria. What will be the population
in 21 days?
6) $1000 is invested at 8% compounded quarterly
for 3 years. How much interest will you receive at the end of the
7) You invest $3000 at 7% compounded continuously
for 2 years. How much money will be in the account at the end of
the time period?
8) Solve each log equation:
a) Log x = 21
b) Log |x| = 15
c) Ln (x2 -
1) = 3
d) Log x = 1.6 (Use calculator and round to hundredths.)
9) Write each log as a single log:
a) Log x + log y + 2Log z
b) Ln x + Ln y - 3Ln z
10) Simplify each log:
a) Ln e5 =
b) 102log4 =
c) 101 + log 5
11) Solve the equation: Log (x + 2) + Log
5 = 4
12) Graph y = 3x
and y = log3 x on
the same axis.
13) Use a calculator to find Log7
58 and round to hundredths place.
14) Solve the equation: 15x
+ 1 = 29 and round to hundredths place.
15) How long will it take to double $1000 if invested
at 6% compounded monthly?
Hope you were successful
with the sample test. Want to head toward the answers?
Send me back, it was
way to tough!!