- What do I need to wear?
- Wear clothing that can get dirty and that is appropriate for the weather.
- Should I bring anything?
- Yes. Team spirit and a willingness to learn and have fun!Work gloves, lunch, water, and if you want to use a chopping or digging tool -- heavy boots.
- What will we be doing?
- The projects are mostly in the wilderness using hand tools such as crosscut saws, axes, pulaskis, fire rakes, and pruners.
The goal can be to clear fallen trees & brush, build small bridges, create steps, remove trash, and make new trails.
Variety is the spice of this life!
- My experience level is low, can I still help?
- If you are willing to learn, we can teach you the basics of using any tool.
- Who provides the tools?
- The US Forest Service provides all of our tools.
- Is there somewhere to camp?
- Camping is free to volunteers Friday & Saturday nights in the Volunteer Site.
- How do I get there?
- See our maps page for detailed road maps and driving directions.